ScoliBalance Advanced (Level 2)
ScoliBalance® Advanced (Level 2) Certification Course
Spots are limited!
The ScoliBalance certification program is designed for health professionals seeking to assess and treat patients with scoliosis and/or hyperkyphosis using specific exercise rehabilitation.
The ScoliBalance Advanced (Level 2) course will be focussed on equipping learners with comprehensive skills and knowledge to deliver ScoliBalance programs to patients with scoliosis and hyperkyphosis. It will consolidate the skills and knowledge acquired in Level 1, and advance the learner to ensure an expanded repertoire of ability to manage a more varied case load.
- Advanced scoliosis specific treatment concepts and methods*, including but not limited to:
- Further techniques to achieve 3D stable postural correction
- Corrective breathing/rotational angular breathing (RAB)
- Body block asymmetries and pelvic corrections
- Using muscle tension and other exercise techniques to strengthen the corrected posture
- Visualisation techniques to enhance postural correction.
- Clinical and functional assessment and treatment of complex scoliosis cases, e.g. Marfan’s, NF1, syrinx and chiari malformations
- Management of triple, high thoracic curves, and combined hyperkyphosis and scoliosis
- Introduction to the management of patients with neuromuscular scoliosis
- Scoliosis management in pre- and postnatal patients
- Understanding the treatment implications of sagittal alignment in scoliosis
- Techniques to enhance motivation and compliance of patients, and the effectiveness of home exercise programs
- Establishing a successful ScoliBalance Provider business.
Please note: the online component of the course will be available early May. Access details will be sent out then.
*The course developers have been trained in multiple methods of physiotherapeutic scoliosis specific exercises (PSSE). The ScoliBalance program incorporates the most effective strategies in various methods, including but not limited to Schroth, using the best evidence-based practice and clinical experience available.
- Complete 8 hours* of online content prior to attending the face-to-face practical days. Once enrolled you have 3 months access to the online component of the course. Online access details will be sent out in early May.
- Attend 2.5 practical face-to-face days and complete the practical assessment on Day 3. Attendance for the entire time is compulsory, and must be completed after successfully completing the online component.
- Registration for the ScoliBalance Advanced (Level 2) course requires you to have completed ScoliBalance Basic (Level 1) within 6 months to 3 years prior (some exceptions may be considered). Once you have completed Level 2 you will be certified as an Advanced ScoliBalance Provider.
*individual times may vary
Upon completion of ScoliBalance Advanced (Level 2) Certification, you will be qualified to deliver the skills and knowledge acquired plus continue access to the following subscription benefits.
- Ability to deliver ScoliBalance to a wider variety of patients (within your scope of practice).
- Your name and contact details listed on the ScoliBalance website directory as a Certified Level 2 ScoliBalance Provider
- Continued access to ScoliBalance marketing assets to help you promote ScoliBalance services to patients, including digital promotional brochure, brand logo, key brand messages and Certified ScoliBalance Provider seal.
- Continued access to the ScoliCare Central portal for ScoliBalance resource manuals, including an Advanced (Level 2) ScoliBalance manual
- Continued access to “SimpleSet For ScoliBalance” Exercise Prescription Software
- Invitation to four (4) information and training webinars each year. You will be required to participate in at least one (1) of these webinars per year (Recordings of all webinars will also be made available).
To maintain ongoing Certification including access to all ScoliBalance resources, the annual subscription fee is USD $375**.
** Price at Jan 2023, subject to change.
Key Course Details
Format: This is a blended course. The course consists of 8 hours of online content and 2.5 days of practical face to face education. Once enrolled you have 3 months access to the online component of the course.
Practical days: Friday 19th to Sunday 21st April 2024 | Symmetry Health Center – 1708 Park St., Suite 130, Alameda, CA 94501
Day 1 – Arrival 8.30am, 9 – 6pm | Day 2: 9 – 6pm | Day 3: 9 – 1pm
Assessment: Quiz questions in each online module will measure important milestones in knowledge (90% pass rate required). Practical Assessment on Day 3 of face-to-face days.
Course Cost*: USD $2295 – Early bird fee (ends 19 March 2024) | USD $2800 – Standard fee [Catering included at face-to-face event]
Certificate: You will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the course confirming that you have completed 23 hours of continuing professional development and that the ScoliBalance Advanced (Level 2) course has been completed.
*Price at Jan 2023, subject to change.
Key Learning Areas
- Axial elongation and expansion, and rotational angular breathing (RAB)
- Schroth principles and techniques
- Visualisation for postural correction
- Programming advanced methods in a ScoliBalance program
- Recognising red flags associated with spinal pathology and scoliosis
- ScoliCorrections for triple curves and high thoracic curves
- ScoliCorrections for combined hyperkyphosis and scoliosis
- ScoliRoll for triple curves and high thoracic curves
- ScoliBalance for complex cases in adolescents and adults
- Conservative management of scoliosis associated with neuromuscular conditions
- Scoliosis in pre and post-natal women
- Sagittal profile and balance in scoliosis
- Sport, exercise and scoliosis
- Managing a complex scoliosis caseload in a ScoliBalance business.
Who should enrol?
This course is designed to cater for Chiropractors and qualified team members who:
- Have become certified as a Basic (Level 1) Certified ScoliBalance Provider in the last 6 months to 3 years prior.
- Want to consolidate the skills and knowledge acquired in Level 1, and treat a wider variety of patients with rehabiliation therapy