ScoliBalance® Basic (Level 1)
The ScoliBalance certification program is designed for health professionals seeking to assess and treat patients with scoliosis and/or hyperkyphosis using specific exercise rehabilitation.
The ScoliBalance Basic (Level 1) course will provide you with introductory fundamental knowledge and skills in the area of exercise rehabilitation for scoliosis and hyperkyphosis. The course will be focused on the implementation of a scoliosis and hyperkyphosis specific rehabilitation program using:
- ScoliCorrections (specific postural autocorrections in 3D) and ScoliExercises (specific exercise application of the corrective postures).
- ScoliRoll and Denneroll (specifically designed devices for scoliosis and hyperkyphosis).
- Integration into activities of daily living, and patient education.
- Complete 8 hours* of online content prior to attending the face-to-face practical days. Once enrolled you have 3 months access to the online component of the course.
- Attend 3 practical face-to-face days and complete the practical assessment on Day 3. Attendance for the entire time is compulsory, and must be completed after successfully completing the online component.
- Completion of ScoliBalance Level 1 provides basic certification. For advanced certification Level 2 will need to be completed within 6 months to 3 years of completion of ScoliBalance Level 1.
*individual times may vary
Upon completion of ScoliBalance Basic (Level 1) Certification, you will be licenced to deliver the skills and knowledge acquired and your name and contact details will be listed on our ScoliBalance directory for easy access by patients and other health professionals to refer to you. The first year licence fee is included in the cost of the course. To maintain your Certification, an annual registration and licensing fee* will be charged from your second year.
Your licence will include:
- Ability to deliver ScoliBalance to patients (within your scope of practice), and your name and contact details listed on the ScoliBalance website directory.
- An invitation to four training webinars annually (these will be recorded so you can watch at a later date). You will be required to watch at least one of these webinars per year to maintain your licence.
- ScoliBalance marketing assets including digital brochure, logo, key messages and Basic Certified Provider seal.
- Access to the ScoliCare Central portal for ScoliBalance resource manuals.
*subject to change
- Advanced certification requires you to complete ScoliBalance Level 2 (approximately 8 hours online and 3 days face-to-face) within 6 months to 3 years of completion of ScoliBalance Basic (Level 1).
- Once you have completed Level 2 you will be certified as an Advanced ScoliBalance Provider.
- Maintenance of the licence requires annual payment of the licence fee*.
Key Course Details
Format: This is a blended course. The course consists of 8 hours of online content and 3 days of practical face to face education. Once enrolled you have 3 months access to the online component of the course.
Practical days: 16th to 18th March 2023 | Jakarta
Assessment: Quiz questions in each online module will measure important milestones in knowledge (90% pass rate required). Practical Assessment on Day 3 of face-to-face days.
Course Cost*: USD $2295 – Early bird fee (ends 15th February 2023) | USD $2800 – Standard fee. [Catering included at face-to-face event]
Certificate: You will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the course confirming that you have completed 26 hours of continuing professional development and that ScoliBalance Basic (Level 1) Certification has been completed.
*Price includes inclusion of first year licence fee
This is a blended course. It consists of 8 hours of content delivered online via a dedicated learning platform, and available 24/7, accompanied by 3 days face to face education where you will apply knowledge and skills in a more practical setting. Once enrolled you have 3 months access to the online component of the course.
Chiropractors who see patients with scoliosis or other spinal conditions.
Health professionals may be accepted into this program after successful completion of the online Essentials of Scoliosis Management course, or attendance at our Getting Ahead of the Curve seminar, or is experienced working with scoliosis.
Key Learning Areas
- Classifications for scoliosis
- Postural assessment and scoliosis screening
- Functional assessment
- ScoliCorrection principles and practices (specific postural autocorrections in 3D)
- ScoliRoll for scoliosis and Denneroll for hyperkyphosis
- Concepts and rationale for bracing for scoliosis and hyperkyphosis
- Concepts of ScoliBalance program for scoliosis and hyperkyphosis
- Spinal anatomy and how it applies to scoliosis rehabilitation
- ScoliBalance treatment planning, including session protocols
- Effective communication with patients and caregivers with scoliosis and hyperkyphosis.
Who should enrol?
This course is designed to cater for Chiropractors who are:
- Treating/would like to treat scoliosis with exercise therapy but are lacking formal certification
- Considering becoming a ScoliBalance Provider to offer scoliosis specific exercise treatment services.