Are you a health professional who wants to learn more about scoliosis?
Scoliosis is a specialised area, and requires advanced education. This online course is designed to provide health and medical professionals with an introduction to scoliosis and kyphosis assessment, classification and management guidelines for both children and adults.
By understanding the fundamentals of scoliosis, you can have a holistic approach to patient care, and get your patients the right treatment, at the right time.
If you are looking to further develop your skills and knowledge around conservative scoliosis management and bracing, this course is a prerequisite to our ScoliBrace certification. By completing the Essentials of Scoliosis Management, you may have already completed some of the introductory training units required to become a ScoliBrace Provider. To see if there are opportunities in your area, please get in touch.
Key Course Details
Cost: USD $199
Format: The course consists of online modules with some additional reading. All material is contemporary, and evidence based. Learners are required to complete all modules in order.
Assessment: Quiz questions in each module will measure important milestones in knowledge (90% pass rate required). Handout notes are provided.
CPD hours: You will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the course confirming that you have completed 8 hours of continuing professional development (Please seek confirmation of your CPD requirements with your accrediting organisation).
Access: Once enrolled you have 3 months (90 days) access to the course.
ScoliCare is a PACE Recognized Provider. PACE is accepted for CE in the following jurisdictions:
AK, CT, DC, FL, ID, IN, IA, KS, ME, MD, MA, MN, MT, NE, NH, NV, NJ, NC, ND, OH, OR, RI, SC, SD, TN, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY, PR, NS, VI.
This course is accepted for 8 CE hours (via PACE)
Key topics covered:
- Definitions of scoliosis and other spinal structural changes
- Aetiology and pathomechanism of idiopathic and adult scoliosis
- Classifications of idiopathic scoliosis
- Postural scoliosis
- Patient and x-ray assessment
- Leg length discrepancy and scoliosis
- Current evidence based research
- Conservative management options for idiopathic scoliosis in children, adolescents and adults
- Conservative assessment and management options for hyperkyphosis
- The role of exercise in scoliosis and kyphosis
Who should enrol?
Health and medical professionals who:
- Do not specialise in scoliosis but would like to acquire some fundamental knowledge in this area to ensure a holistic approach to patient care.
- Would like to be able to offer ScoliBrace services in their clinic by becoming a ScoliBrace Certified Provider. This course serves as part of the foundation knowledge and is a prerequisite for becoming a Certified ScoliBrace Provider
Meet the Instructors