We are committed to providing you with a high quality service, which includes protecting your privacy. This page explains how personal information about you and your health is collected, recorded and managed.
At ScoliCare (“We“) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information we may collect from you. We may collect and process the following information about you.
Information you give us. If you use our Services, you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself. You will voluntarily provide us with Personal Data which includes your name, email address and contact details when you:
- Request contact through a Contact form on our websites.
- Register for seminars or events.
- Provide billing and payment information.
- Register in our Support Centre website and participate in online discussions.
- Book or order a ScoliCare product or service online.
If you choose to email ScoliCare Support, or use our contact forms, you may also voluntarily provide certain health information (“Sensitive Data”) such as medical history or images.
Information we collect about you. Each time you use our Services online we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This log data may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page you visited before using the Website, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your use of the website, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences and cookie data.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- We may also collect non-personally identifiable information (e.g. gender and location) to assist in providing our Services to you. Non-personally identifiable information by itself cannot be used to identify or contact you. However, this information may be combined with other identifiers in a way that enables you to be identified.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with other data collected.
Uses made of information
We will only use information held about you for the following purposes.
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- To understand and improve our Services to you.
- To ensure that content from our Services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, providing support, and sending you emails and messages.
- To provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To notify you about changes to our Services.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- To improve our Services to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, when you choose to do so.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Service about services that may interest you or them.
By using our Services, you agree that we can access, aggregate and use non-personally identifiable data we have collected from you. This data will in no way identify you or any other individual. We may use this aggregated non-personally identifiable data to:
- Assist us to better understand how our customers are using our Services.
- Provide our customers with further information regarding the uses and benefits of our Services.
- Provide useful business insights from the aggregated data.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive). By using our Services, you consent to Personal Data being collected, held and used in this way and for any other use you authorize.
Disclosure of Personal Data: We may share your Personal Data internally with any member of the ScoliCare group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
Information we share with third parties. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you and for the purposes of providing part of our Services to you. All information submitted to third parties will be encrypted using SSL technology. By using our website and/or the Service you consent to our third party service partners having access to your Personal Data.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Service.
Personal Data we disclose to third parties. We follow strict guidelines in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorized access. We comply with the laws of the countries from which we operate. We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If ScoliCare or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Customer Terms and/or any other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ScoliCare, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- In complying with court orders and similar legal processes, we strive for transparency. When permitted, we will make a reasonable effort to notify users of any disclosure of their information, unless we are prohibited by law or court order from doing so, or in rare, exigent circumstances.
Disclosure of sensitive data
We may share any Sensitive Data you provide internally with any relevant member of the ScoliCare group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries. All staff and contractors associated with ScoliCare have a responsibility to maintain the privacy of personal health information at all times.
Sensitive Data we disclose to third parties. ScoliCare complies with both Laws and Health Privacy Principles. No Sensitive Data is released to a 3rd Party unless the request is made in writing and provides evidence of a signed authority to release the requested information, unless required under legal obligation by subpoena. SCOLICARE retains a record of all requests for access to health information.
Consent. If you wish to subscribe to our marketing communications, we will use your name and email address to send communications to you. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You may elect to stop receiving our marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in such emails.
Access to information. You have the right to access information held about you. You may request a copy of any Personal Data or Sensitive Data that we have stored on you at any time.
Right to rectification and deletion
If we hold Personal Data on you, you have the right to rectify or request its deletion, subject to the conditions of our Customer Terms and our legal obligations set out below.
If we hold Sensitive Data on you, we may be bound by Government legislation to retain your health information for a certain period of time before deleting it.
Retention. We may retain Personal Data where reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, meet regulatory requirements, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, resolve disputes, enforce our Customer Terms, or fulfil your request to “unsubscribe” from further messages from us. If we have received a request to delete Sensitive Data, and the period required by Australian State legislation has passed, we may be required to keep record of your name, time period the information covered, and the date of the deletion of your Sensitive Data.
Where we store your personal data for EU customers only
Our Service is accessible via the Internet and may potentially be accessed by any user around the world. Other users may access the Service from outside the EEA. This means that where you chose to upload your data to the Service, it could be accessed from anywhere around the world and therefore a transfer of your data outside of the EEA may be deemed to have occurred. You consent to such transfer of your data for and by way of this purpose.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share any password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Service; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The Service may contain links to and from third party websites of our partners, networks, advertisers and affiliate. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices or content of these websites.